Inspect and assess the bike; estimate cost of work required (waived if basic or full service undertaken).
Basic Service & Safety Check
Check, adjust, lubricate, tune & set-up. No parts removed, replaced, or fitted (other than wheels):
• Check over frame and fork for damage (visual)
• Wheels; check hubs & rims, 'Tyre on' wheel true and inflate
• Check and adjust both brakes
• Check and adjust gears
• Check chain wear and lubricate
• Check stem and seatpost & grease to prevent seizing
• Full safety check; torque all nuts and bolts
• Supply advisory note
(hydraulics not included)
As per Basic Service, plus fitting of related parts:
• Strip clean and lube brake assembly
• Strip clean and lube front & rear gear assembly
• Replace brake blocks/pads if necessary
• Lube or replace F&R gear and brake cables
• Fit new tyres or tubes if required
• Clean, regrease and adjust all bearings
(ball bearings replaced)
Full Service +
(hydraulic fork service not included)
The bike is completely disassembled, and rebuilt. As per Full Service, plus:
• Hydraulic Brake Service
• Check and correct frame alignment *
(wheel dropouts, forks, rear triangle)
• Check and ream/reface headset *
• Check and reface/clear threads on bottom bracket *
• Clear/re-tap all frame threads *
• 'Tyre off' wheel true +/- 2mm max. runout
• Fit any new accessories (rack, lights, computer etc.)
• Refit bike to customer
Service charges include all lubricants and collection/return of your bicycle to your property within a 5 mile radius of our workshop.
Single speed childrens bikes (wheel size less than 26in.) recieve a £10 discount. Offer excludes BMX with giro bars/brakes).
For each adult bike sent for a basic service & safety check, or full service, up to 2 chiuldrens bikes with gears (wheel size less than 26in.) will ge the samne service at a 25% discount. BMX inc.
Which one is right for my bike?
• Basic Service & Safety Check - This is a quick tune up. Book this option if your bike is nearly new and not running properly, or if you have a well maintened bike but are about to enter an event or head off on a tour.
• Full Service - If you ride high milage/long rides, use your bike to commute in all weathers, ride very regularly you should consider this service every six months. For regular leisure cyclists, this is your yearly/18 mionth service (based on reduced use in winter/wet conditions).
• Full Service + - Yearly/18 months for quality commuter/folder/mountain/roadie. Includes hydraulic brake service. If you have an neglected bike then this service will restore it to its former glory.